At Gorin Tennis Academy, we’ve had the privilege of working with a number of outstanding tennis athletes who have reached the professional level, including Dmitry Tursunov, Igor Kunitsyn, Irakli Labadze, Jimmy Wang, Sofya Zhuk, and Yaroslava Shvedova (WTA 25 Doubles 3).
These athletes are not the only successes to come from our tennis academy. A few of the alumni from our tennis academy include:
- Sofya Zhuk – claimed the title of Wimbledon, Jr. on July 11, 2015.
- Nav Dayal won the Little Mo West Regional Championships in the 8’s category on September 16, 2015, and continued on to Nationals.
- Dmitry Tursunov returned after spending a year recovering from an injury to win the doubles title with partner Andrey Rublev at ATP Kremlincup on October 25, 2015.
- Stefan Leustian won Le Petit As, the prestigious world indoor championships on February 2, 2016. Stefan competed as a member of the USTA team in the 14’s junior tournament.
- Anas Abdelouahid became one of the top-ranked players at Tennis Recruiting on March 1, 2016. He started tennis classes at Gorin Tennis Academy three and a half years prior, with no ranking whatsoever in the challenger-level tournaments.
- Arin Pallegar reached the finals of the boys’ 12 challenger in Manteca at the age of 8 on April 9, 2016.
- Nav Dayal and Pranay Dayal, brothers, swept the Little Mo West regionals on August 10, 2016. Nav won the 9-year-old age division, and Pranay won the 12-year-old age division.
- Matthew Maznik won the Solano Junior Open on October 22, 2016.